We-mix culture: Youth mixing cultures project
I don't usually have regrets. But now I have one. Let me talk to you about it, maybe you could help me, or you might be interested in joining me to get this done. Here in Paris I've developped a thirst for mixing cultures. You'll say this is crazy, because Paris is already the centre of mixed cultures from all around the world. I am not thinking about that. A couple of moths ago, a friend of mine told me "There is this project of cultural exchange, we might get funding for it if it's good enough, are you in?". I definetely said YES, everything seemed great! We thought about bringing together the French and the Romanians, which have been similar in some points of view for a long time. Except that there were only 2 people interested in organising the project and we had 2 months to go before the deadline. The deadline was May, 1st, but I will not give up to this project. I am looking for motivated people who want to do a project like this one.
My ideas for the Romanian-French cultural exchange programme are:
- 1 week in France
- 1 week in Romania
- events to know our cultures better and to realise how many things we have in commmon and how many things still differentiate one country from the other: cuisine, architecture, language, traditional dancing, costumes, religion, local practices, events
- movies/documentaries typical for the country
- very well known persons from the 2 countries who lived in the other and their stories
- an European context: European integration, what the 2 countries came with in the EU, their values, and what they have got until now from this partnership
- How French people live in Romania and how Romanians live in France.
If any of you are interested in mounting such a project, please leave me your e-mail adress! :)